06 April 2010

My Favourite Sport

Have you ever know what is sports is all about?

"A sport is commonly defined as an organised, competitive, and skillful physical activities requiring commitment and fair play. It is governed by a set of rules or customs. In a sport the key factors are the physical capabilities and skills of the competitor when determining the outcome (winning or losing). The physical activity involves the movement of people, animals and/or a variety of objects such as balls and machines. In contrast, games such as card games and board games, though these could be called mind sports, require only mental skills. Non-competitive activities such as jogging and rock-climbing, are usually classified as recreations. "

Source: WikiPedia

Most people plays sports but there are still people who don't play sports. Sports are common which can make us stay healthy all the time. My favourite sport is Tenpin Bowling.

Why I chose Tenpin Bowling over other sports? Well, it's been my favourite among the others like ping pong, badminton, football and others. The game is much more simpler by rolling the balls on the lanes and hit the pins. Cool huh?

The rules are simple and the basic technique of bowling is not that hard either.You just only knock down as much pins as possible to score. The maximum score of a bowling game is 300 points, which means you have to make 12 consecutive strikes in a game. But I am lucky just to only make 10 strikes in a row... almost! The bowling is fun to play with friends and family, but it is also quite challenging for serious bowlers like me. Competitions and tournaments are held everywhere in Malaysia with huge and attractive prizes awaiting the bowlers. To become a professional bowler is not easy. Your career in bowling is just only play bowling for living, where in US they hold professional competition in the country. Earn money by bowling? What if I can become professional bowler there? Hmm...

By the way, the most popular and favourite sports in the world is football. Although I am a football fan, I still not interested in playing football since I last played together with friends. When suddenly I had cuts on my eyes and blood is pouring my face. Yuck! The thing just happened too quickly. One of my friends said that the Malay guy tries to kick the ball but ended up kicking your head instead. I was shocked to hear that. I keep my cool so that I do not anger that person who kicked me. He apologised. Racism is game has been a major problem in every sports, including football. So try to play fair and square!

Why not try to play some sports for your healthy lifestyle? You can change it the way your life is today! Thanks to Adidas! "Nothing Is Impossible!"

[Advertorial]
Project Alpha Season 2 is presented by Adidas Action 3 and supported by P1 and MAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment